Chemical process calculations
Chemical process calculations refer to a basic chemical engineering subject, which involves separation, conversion, and reaction for both simple and complex chemical calculations. There are numerous course objectives of conducting the chemical process calculations; the main aim is to generate formulas and problem-solving techniques among chemistry students. Other course objectives include:
• To help students understand, analyze, and proximate fuels and calculations of combustion
• To help students in understanding the material balances of diverse unit operations and processes.
• To understand the numerous heats, their calculations, and the relationship of their calculations with chemical processes
• To help students in understanding the fundamental concepts and calculations in relation to process calculations.
• It plays a more significant role in understanding the energy balance and their relationship with various process equipment.
• Helping students in formulation material and energy balance theories on the chemical process systems.
Usually, the chemical process calculation is an extension of the unit introduction to chemical engineering. It covers numerous units such as calculation of mass balance, thermophysical calculations, yield analysis, calculation of non-reactive systems, vapor pressure, stoichiometry and variation of specific heat capacities, and thermochemistry calculations. Typically the whole chemical calculation course is analytical with the basis of its measures in the chemical process falling under subject-topics such as:
• Flue gas compositions.
• The material balances with chemical reactions.
• The material balancing without chemical reactions.
Chemical process calculations include the calculation of concept required in other system processes that play a more significant role in producing chemicals. Hence, in this case, helping students understand the various unit processing concepts used in the chemical industry, such as humidification, extraction, and distillation, shows that the importance of this subject in modern life will never be overstated. Of course, to deeply understand the importance of the chemical process calculations, you can ask yourself a simple question “how can a chemical engineer optimize the production of various substances without going about the calculations?” .You will then understand the chemical engineers optimize production by material balancing, engineering reactions, and minimizing the costs of transport he/she requires the utilization of the chemical processing calculation concept.